Tuesday, October 19, 2010

line and shape studies (fine art)



Here are a few line studies that I did. These were actually done during grad school and were part of my thesis work. My grad school body of work and even my fine art work now is very much about lines mimicking nature. The shapes I created in these pieces were just organic forms with no clear subject matter in mind. I was trying to use varying shapes vs. open lines. After creating about 7-8 of these drawings I was left with these 2 which I believed to be the most successful. Composition wise they are pleasing and I feel like there is an element of intrigue in them... as if they look like something familiar yet abstract.

These are closer to my fine art work than my craft work however looking back, I had a blast creating these and am thinking about starting over with this basic exercise again to get some fine art juices flowing.


No comments:

Post a Comment